Self-publishing has become an increasingly popular route for authors to get their work out into the world. While self-publishing offers many advantages over traditional publishing, such as greater creative control and higher royalty rates, it can be a daunting process for new authors. With so many aspects to consider, from cover design to marketing, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Fortunately, there are many resources available to help self-publishing authors navigate this complex terrain.
Here I have a number of articles on self-publishing resources stemming from my experience as a cover designer since 2011, and also having published several books myself. These might be helpful especially for new authors:
- Best platforms for Publishing Books
- How to Create a Book Cover
- Marketing Strategies for Self-Publishing
- Where to get Author Swag
- The Iconography of Cozy Mystery Book Covers
- Trends in Urban Fantasy Book Covers
- Book Cover Size – What size is an ebook cover?
- Category, Keyword and Sales Research Tools for Authors